Thursday, January 14, 2016

October Sky Movie Review

         This week in English class, we watched a movie called "October Sky". I'd never heard of it before and didn't know what it was about so I didn't know what to expect when I started watching it. It's about a boy named Homer who lives in a place called Coalwood where almost every young boy was expected to work in the mine when they got older. The mine is a main part of a movie because it is a main part of life in Coalwood and many conflicts happened in it and because of it. Homer didn't want to work in the mine however, he wanted to go to space. Him and his three friends started building rockets because they were driven by Homer's determination. They went through many failures and public humiliation, but they didn't give up. They got help from many people in the town at the end and a lot of support. I'm not going to spoil everything that happened in the end, but I really liked the ending and the whole movie overall. It had humor, sadness, happiness, and more and that's what I think makes a good movie. If you haven't watched it, I highly suggest that you do.

3 comments: