Saturday, December 5, 2015

Inspirational Quote

    When bad things used to happen to me, I would just sit around and cry about it. It took me a while to realize that the world doesn't revolve around small and pointless issues like the ones I had. I also realized that I shouldn't take anything for granted. A quote that really symbolizes that situation is, “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we took so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened up for us," by Helen Keller. Okay, now that I'm finally done with that dramatic and depressing opening, here's the good part about the situation. I was so upset and focused on the fact that I had lost things, that I didn't even realize the fact that I had gained things. For example, you fail a test and it ruins your grade. What you gain is knowing that next time you have to pay attention and study, so that when the next test comes up, you pass it and all the others. The quote gave me hope that after bad things, there are good things, and it is a quote I think about everyday.

2 comments: